About AFP - Western Pennsylvania
Founded in 1960, The Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP) represents nearly 30,000 members in 213 chapters world-wide. AFP works to advance philanthropy through advocacy, research, education and certification programs. The association fosters development and growth of fundraising professionals and promotes high ethical standards in the fundraising profession. More than 300 local fundraisers are members of the Western Pennsylvania chapter providing an opportunity to network with local colleagues.
The Association of Fundraising Professionals:
- Require members adherence to a Code of Ethical Principles and Standards of Professional Practice and the Donor Bill of Rights
- Provides national and local training opportunities
- Welcomes people of all backgrounds, faiths and abilities
- Is a resource for information on and promotes public understanding of philanthropy and fundraising
- Conducts advocacy activities that maintain and develop legislation favorable to philanthropy.
- Fosters international cooperation, knowledge exchange, and education among fundraising professionals worldwide.
- Offers a certification program for fundraising professionals
- Raises public awareness and interest in philanthropy and charitable giving through National Philanthropy Day®, Youth in Philanthropy activities and the AFP Awards for Philanthropy.
Benefits of Membership
- Free subscription to Advancing Philanthropy and AFP Ewire
- Free access to the AFP Website (www.afpnet.org)
- One complimentary luncheon meeting and program with initial membership and annual renewal
- CFRE credits for initial and ongoing certification
- Access to the AFP Fundraising Resource Center
- Local and International Scholarship programs
- Networking opportunities
- Discounts on educational programs, books and other services
- Free Webinars
For more information or to join the world's largest association of fundraising professionals, visit www.afpnet.org.