Why Join AFP?
“Of all the professional memberships I’ve been involved with, AFP by far is the best. I try not to miss a function because I always come away with something to think about, research or share with my clients.”
Chris Crytzer, CFRE
As a member of the Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP), you can be a part of an international network of 30,000 professionals dedicated to:
- Encouraging a spirit of philanthropy
- Creating recognition of the fundraising profession
- Promoting ethical fundraising
- Enhancing the environment for fundraising through advocacy
Membership in AFP shows your donors and colleagues that you are serious about being a good fundraiser and an asset to your organization. As a member of the Western Pennsylvania Chapter of the Association of Fundraising Professionals, you will receive:
- One FREE luncheon program per year (Young Professional members attend ALL luncheon programs for FREE!)
- FREE AFP Webinar lending library
- Access to a network of fundraising professionals in our region
- Discounts on educational programs, including WPA’s Emerging Philanthropy Conference and the AFP International Conference
- Mentoring program
- AFP Resource Center
- Advancing Philanthropy magazine
- FREE downloads of AFP Ready Reference series
- and much more!
For a complete list of the benefits you will receive as an AFP member, click here.
- Professional: Individuals who hold some degree of direct responsibility for fundraising at their organization and are compensated for their services. $300
- Young Professional: Individuals who hold some degree of direct responsibility for fundraising at their organization, are compensated for their services, and are 30 years old or younger. $75
- Associate Membership: Individuals and volunteers who are engaged in fields related to fundraising or who have mutual interests with fundraisers. $300
- Large Nonprofit: Organization will designate a minimum of eight (8) individuals to receive Professional member benefits. Memberships are transferable if member leaves organization. Starting at $2,000
- Small Nonprofit: Open to nonprofit organizations with an operational budget of less than $1,000,000 with less than two full time equivalent fundraisers on staff. Cannot be affiliated with a larger institution. One individual will receive benefits and this membership is transferable if member leaves organization. $150
Business: Open to for-profit organizations whose work complements the fundraising profession.
- Executive Circle: $5,000
- Endorser: $1,500
“As an AFP member, I can learn from some of the best development professionals at a local and national level. Sharing experiences in such a welcoming and extensive network refines my work and enriches my life.”
Assistant Director of Development, Chatham University